Warning: You are not logged in.
Your IP address will be recorded in this page's edit history.
In the past years the Conceptual Structures community has focused on researching different models for representing and reasoning about knowledge. These models, based on graph structures (e.g. Formal Concept Analysis (FCA), Conceptual Graphs (CG), etc.) have been implemented in various Conceptual Structures tools. The advantage of such tools relies on the visual appeal of the graph structures and, more importantly, on the potential of graph based optimisations.
However, such tools in isolation are not sufficient to build comprehensive, effective knowledge systems that are useful to communities and organizations. To fulfill this purpose, interoperability is essential, both with other conceptual and semantic technology tools but also with information systems.
The ongoing goal of this workshop is to explore how to improve the interoperability of Conceptual Structures (CS) tools amongst each other and with other established knowledge representation and reasoning technologies.
In particular, the focus of this year's workshop is the interaction of such tools with Web technologies. As central to this task, we would like to address the following questions:
* How can CS tools be incorporated and integrated into Web applications: who would benefit from this integration and in which way?
* How can CS tools be used to facilitate / enhance / understand human access to the Web?
* How can CS tools benefit from the Web, i.e., from its knowledge resources and services?
The workshop wants to bring together researchers from both communities - the Web and the CG/FCA community. The goal is to begin a fruitful discussion on the above mentioned questions and to raise the mutual awareness of ongoing research and existing technologies from which both sides could benefit. We particularly encourage the submission of short papers: preliminary system presentations and relevant position papers as part of the PhD symposium and the Panel Session (see Submissions).
The conference is co-located with [[ICCS2008]].
=== Program chairs ===
* [[has program chair::Madalina Croitoru]], [[University of Southampton]] (UK)
* [[has program chair::Robert Jäschke]], [[University of Kassel]] (DE)
* [[has program chair::Sebastian Rudolph]], [[University of Karlsruhe]] (DE)
=== Program committee ===
* [[has PC member::Oscar Corcho]], Manchester University, Great Britain
* [[has PC member::Raúl García Castro]], UPM Madrid, Spain
* [[has PC member::Peter Haase]], University of Karlsruhe, Germany
* [[has PC member::Nathalie Hernandez]], Université Toulouse Le Mirail, France
* [[has PC member::Marie Laure-Mugnier]], LIRMM Montpellier, France
* [[has PC member::Heather D. Pfeiffer]], New Mexico State University, USA
* [[has PC member::Camille Roth]], University of Toulouse, France
* [[has PC member::Gerd Stumme]], University of Kassel, Germany
This is a minor edit
Watch this page