Warning: You are not logged in.
Your IP address will be recorded in this page's edit history.
The '''16th International Conference on Conceptual Structures''' (ICCS 2008) is the latest in a series of annual conferences on Conceptual Structures that have been held in Europe, Australia, and North America since 1993. The focus of the conference has been the representation and analysis of conceptual knowledge for research and practical application. ICCS brings together researchers in information and computer sciences as well as social science to explore novel ways that conceptual structures can be deployed.
Conceptual Structures are motivated by C.S. Peirce's [[Existential Graphs]] and over the years ICCS has broadened scope to include innovations from a wider range of theories and related practices, among them [[Formal Concept Analysis]], Existential Graphs, [[Description Logics]], Ontologies, Concept Mapping and more. Accordingly, ICCS represents a family of approaches related to conceptual structures that build on the successes with techniques derived from artificial intelligence, knowledge representation and reasoning, applied mathematics and lattice theory, computational linguistics, conceptual modeling and design, visual reasoning and logic, intelligent systems and knowledge management.
In 2008 ICCS's theme is Knowledge Visualization and Reasoning with an emphasis to connect the theory and practice of conceptual structures to its original visual forms of diagrammatic reasoning.
Papers for ICCS 2008 are invited on the following topics:
* conceptual structures - theory and applications;
* the interplay of conceptual structures with language, semantics, semiotics and pragmatics;
* conceptual data processing, analysis and conceptual logic;
* modeling, representation and visualizing conceptual structures;
* conceptual knowledge acquisition;
* knowledge representation with conceptual structures
* Automated Reasoning and Conceptual Structures
* applied conceptual structures including data mining and knowledge discovery
* the theory and applications of formal ontologies.
Authors are invited to submit papers describing both theoretical and practical research outcomes. Papers accepted or under review by other conferences or journals are not acceptable as submissions to ICCS. The language of the conference will be English.
== Submission Details ==
Papers are limited to 14 pages in Springer's LNCS format. We recommend the use of LaTeX2e for the final version. For more details see http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs. Position papers (up to 4 pages) are also welcome.
== Deadlines ==
* Monday December 31, 2007: a one page abstract submitted via conference website (http://www.iccs.info) (Abstracts should clearly state the purpose, results and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.)
* Monday January 7, 2008: full paper (not more than 14 pages) in PDF format submitted via conference website (http://www.iccs.info)
Final acceptance will be based on the full-length paper, which if accepted, must be presented at the conference. Papers accepted for publication will appear in the Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence Series by Springer-Verlag (see http://www.springeronline.com/lncs). A precondition for publication is that the final version is in full compliance with Springer's format.
== Chairs and committees ==
General Chair: [[has general chair::Ollivier Haemmerlé]]
* [[has program chair::Jean-François Baget]]
* [[has program chair::Peter Eklund]]
=== Programme committee ===
* [[has PC member::Radim Belohlavek]] (USA)
* [[has PC member::Tru Cao]] (Vietnam)
* [[has PC member::Dan Corbett]] (USA)
* [[has PC member::Madalina Croitoru]] (UK)
* [[has PC member::Juliette Dibie-Bartélemy]] (France)
* [[has PC member::Pavlin Dobrev]] (Bulgaria)
* [[has PC member::David Genest]] (France)
* [[has PC member::Udo Hebisch]] (Germany)
* [[has PC member::Joachim Hereth Correia]] (Germany)
* [[has PC member::Richard Hill]] (UK)
* [[has PC member::Adil Kabbaj]] (Morocco)
* [[has PC member::Yannis Kalfoglou]] (UK)
* [[has PC member::Markus Krötzsch]] (Germany)
* [[has PC member::Leonhard Kwuida]] (Switzerland)
* [[has PC member::Sim Kim Lau]] (Australia)
* [[has PC member::Robert Levinson]] (USA)
* [[has PC member::Michel Liquiere]] (France)
* [[has PC member::Philippe Martin]] (Australia)
* [[has PC member::Engelbert Mephu Nguifo]] (France)
* [[has PC member::Jorgen Fischer Nilsson]] (Denmark)
* [[has PC member::Sergei Obiedkov]] (Russian Federation)
* [[has PC member::John Old]] (UK)
* [[has PC member::Anne-Marie Rassinoux]] (Switzerland)
* [[has PC member::Gary Richmond]] (USA)
* [[has PC member::Sebastian Rudolph]] (Germany)
* [[has PC member::Eric Salvat]] (France)
* [[has PC member::Rallou Thomopoulos]] (France)
* [[has PC member::William Tepfenhart]] (USA)
* [[has PC member::Thomas Tilley]] (Thailand)
* [[has PC member::GQ Zhang]] (USA)
This is a minor edit
Watch this page