Revision as of 12:07, 1 April 2010 by Denny
- Apr 1 2010. The AIFB releases 14 billion triples to the Linked Open Data cloud by publishing the prime resource on non-lexical data, Linked Open Numbers.
- Oct 27 2009. OWL 2, the new version of the Web Ontology Language, becomes a W3C Recommendation. The OWL 2 Overview and OWL 2 Primer provide an overview and introduction to the 13 individual documents of the new standard.
- Jul 3 2009. The RIF Working Group publishes six new last call working drafts for the Rule Interchange Format (RIF).
- Jun 11 2009. UK Government moves to put semantic data on the web.
- Apr 21 2009. The W3C OWL Working Group has published new "Last Call" Working Drafts for OWL 2, a compatible extension of OWL 1. The OWL 2 Overview document provides an overview of the 13 individual documents.
- Feb 05 2009. The CEL reasoner for the OWL 2 profile EL is now available as open source.
- December 02 2008. The OWL Working Group at W3C announces the publication of the "last call" working drafts of the upcoming version 2 of the Web Ontology Language OWL. Comments received by 23 January will be answered and taken into account in the next round of publications.
- August 04 2008. The site has finally been upgraded to use PHP caching resulting in significantly faster page loading times for an improved browsing experience.
- June 23 2008. semanticweb.org now provides contact data for all people in vCard format. To import contacts into your address book, select the vCard link in the upper right corner of personal info boxes. vCard support is provided by SMW's new vCard format for semantic queries, i.e. any query result can be obtained as vCard easily. Examples are found on pages of institutions such as AIFB.
- May 26 2008. Recently, semanticweb.org has been partly unreachable due to network problems. The cause of this issue were hardware errors of a network switch, which also affected other websites on AIFB servers, such as the homepage of ISWC2008. We hope that all services will soon work reliable again.
- May 21 2008. Various new templates are now available to better cross-link the data on semanticweb.org. Namely, these are Template:Institution data (example), Template:Location data (example), and Template:Latest releases (example). These should also help to give pages of organisations, locations, and tool categories a more unified look.
- May 9 2008. It is now possible to subscribe to event calendars and RSS feeds of new tool releases. Links can be found on the main page, and in many other places. Staying up-to-date with the Semantic Web could hardly be more convenient.
- April 24 2008. semanticweb.org receives a new look and content organisation. Please contribute your tools, events, and ontologies!
- April 21 2008. The SMW Project announces the release of the new Semantic MediaWiki version 1.1. semanticweb.org has already been updated to this latest version.
- April 14 2008. ontoworld.org becomes semanticweb.org. Related to the new URL, the content and structure of this site will be significantly cleaned up in the near future.
- Feb 21 2008. SMW has moved to its new homepage semantic-mediawiki.org.
- July 5 2007. Semantic MediaWiki receives the third prize of the annual do it.software-awards, granted to software products that successfully carry scientific developments into practice. The SMW-team thanks all contributors and supporters!
- June 12 2007. Simile's Exhibit toolkit now provides Semantic MediaWiki source code as an output format. It thus can also be used for converting e.g. RDF or JSON into SMW. Try it at the presidents demo (click "Copy All").
- April 29 2007. Ontoworld has been attacked by spam bots forcing us to install a simple captcha extension. When entering a new URL on a page, you now have to prove your human intelligence in a simple way. Registered users with a confirmed email address are not affected for now.
- April 28 2007. Semantic MediaWiki 0.7 has been released and installed on this site. Get it at SourceForge.
- February 15 2007. Ontoworld now uses the (almost) latest developers versions of MediaWiki and smw:Semantic MediaWiki, so that all upcoming features can be tested.
- November 06 2006. Further ISWC meta-data has been added. The readable ISWC timetable now refers to the wiki page of each paper.
- November 03 2006. Parts of the ISWC2006 metadata have been imported. Especially, every accepted paper now has a wiki article that can also be edited for further comments and references.
- September 14 2006. The Semantic Web overview portal has just been launched. The intention is to survey relevant Semantic Web projects, to classify and to rank them. Make sure that your tool, vocabulary, or ontology is present!
- September 1 2006. Elections for the Wikimedia board of trustees are open to active contributors. Note that Aaron Swartz (former member of RDF Core Working Group and Semantic Web proponent), and Erik Möller (developer of Wikidata and supporter of structured data on Wikimedia) are among the candidates. Vote if you have permission!
- August 15 2006. Semantic MediaWiki 0.5 is out at SourceForge
- August 4 2006. Semantic MediaWiki is presented at Wikimania2006, followed up by an interesting panel discussion with Brion Vibber, CTO of Wikimedia Foundation, and Tim Berners-Lee in the audience. Talk material and audio capture is available online.
- August 1 2006. Semantic MediaWiki is featured in the German print version of Technology Review.
- July 27 2006. Ontoworld has moved to a new server. This will enable us to upgrade to PHP5 soon, so that we can use MediaWiki 1.7.
- July 26 2006. Ontoworld will briefly be locked for editing. We are moving to a new server.
- July 23 2006. Updated Semantic MediaWiki from CVS. Factboxes now have a nicer layout.
- July 15 2006. A new portal on ontology evaluation has been initiated. Interested? Contribute!