Warning: You are not logged in.
Your IP address will be recorded in this page's edit history.
'''SSMS'09''' is the '''4th Summer School on Multimedia Semantics'''
''Managing and Modeling of Multimedia and User Generated Content in Web 3.0''
-- University of Koblenz, Germany --
23-28 August 2009, Koblenz, Germany
Application deadline: '''''15 May 2009 (Friday)'''''
We are pleased to announce 4th edition of Summer School for Multimedia Semantics. This summer school series successfully started in 2006, each year offering top level education at great European locations (Kallithea, Greece; Glasgow, UK; Crete, Greece) for students from all over the world. Summer School for Multimedia Semantics is intended for PhD and Master students, who want to learn more on use of semantics in various media. We offer lectures by leading researchers in the field. Organized student poster sessions will create unique networking opportunities. They are excellent place to present your work, get comments and feedback from senior researchers, or exchange ideas with other participants.
* Social Media Modeling
* Audio Processing and Semantics
* Video Analysis and Semantic Retrieval
* Multimedia Personalization
* Prof. Dr. Karlheinz Brandenburg (IDMT Fraunhofer, Germany)
* Prof. Dr. Andreas Nurnberger (Uniersity of Magdeburg, Germany)
* Prof. Dr. Lynda Hardman (Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica, Netherlands)
* Prof. Dr. Steffen Staab (University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany)
* Prof. Dr. Andreas Hotho (University of Kassel, Germany)
* Dr. Marcel Worring (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands)
* Prof. Dr. Fabio Ciravegna (University of Sheffield, England)
* Dr. Yiannis Kompatsiaris (ITI, Greece)
* Prof. Dr. Noel O`Connor (Dublin City University, Ireland)
* Dr. Ansgar Scherp (University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany)
We welcome applicants from anywhere in the world. Summer school is mainly addressed for graduate students (Masters and PhD). Each participant is required to bring a poster presenting her/his work. Organized poster sessions will allow to exchange ideas and get feedback on your research.
Applications must be send directly to Ruth Götten ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) - PDF, MsWord or plain text are preferred.
Application must include:
* your name,
* name of your supervisor(s),
* abstract of your work (limit: 1 page)
More details available at: http://www.smart-society.net/ssms09/index.php?page=registration
Koblenz (which means: merging of the rivers) is situated in the picturesque valley of the Rhine and Moselle. Middle Rhine Valley is a UNESCO World Heritage site ( http://www.welterbe-mittelrheintal.de ) City is by four mountain ranges with many vineyards in the valley, its narrow alleyways and happy atmosphere, Koblenz is welcoming town for guests from all over the world. The town has old traditions, reaching over 2000 years to the times of the Roman empire. More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koblenz
==Accommodation and Social Events==
The Summer School classes will be held at the Campus of the University Koblenz-Landau ( http://www.uni-koblenz.de ). Suggested accommodation is provided by "Contel" Hotel ( http://www.contel-koblenz.de ) in Koblenz, which is conveniently located within walking distance from the Koblenz campus. Various other options for housing in different price ranges are also available - check SSMS'09 website for more details.
Study hard and enjoy summer! Each day of intensive study is followed by a different social event. Participants and lecturers will find many opportunities to talk, socialize and have more direct contact outside of the classroom. On Wednesday we plan a longer, half-day trip outside of Koblenz.
* Application deadline: 15 May 2009
* Acceptance notification: 1 June 2009
* Registration deadline: 15 June 2009
* Summer School: 23 - 28 August
The tuition fee for each student is 350 EUR. It covers lectures, meals, excursion and other organized social events. Accommodation is NOT included in the tuition. If you have questions, please contact Ruth Götten at email@example.com
We offer a limited number of student scholarships that cover the tuition fee for the summer school. To apply for a scholarship, please attach a letter to your application (limit 1 page) explaining what you expect to learn during the summer school in Koblenz, motivate why you apply for this scholarship and clarify why you cannot use other funds.
* Dr. Yiannis Kompatsiaris, ITI, Greece
* Prof. Dr. Ebroul Izquierdo, Queen Mary University London, England
* Prof. Dr. Lynda Hardman, CWI, The Netherlands
* Prof. Dr. Fabio Ciravegna, University of Sheffield, England
* Prof. Dr. Alan Smeaton, Dublin City University, Ireland
* Prof. Dr. Steffen Staab
* Dr. Ansgar Scherp
* Dr. Marcin Grzegorzek
* Dr. Maciej Janik
* Ruth Götten, Dipl.-Päd.
This is a minor edit
Watch this page