|vCard Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema|
 Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema
 More about me
- You can find more about me here.
 Special Interests
- The IT for people.
- How to setup a semantic wiki, so that it can be used by people that do not know much about semantic web.
- Semantic Search. How to be able to ask questions like the one above. Maybe there are specific search engines that can process such questions?
 Be Value's usage for Semantic MediaWiki
This year I've started a special interest group which is interested in Semantic Web.
I discovered Semantic Wiki while searching for applications of Semantic Web on the internet. I've introduced Semantic MediaWiki at Be Value for usage as an extension to the Be Value Intranet for our consultants and commercial people. The wiki helps us keeping our consultant profiles up to date and matching them with questions from the market, helping our commercial people matching persons. Some pictures of it:
 Consultant (knowledge)profiles
- At the profile page of a consultant in the Wiki, there's a link to a wiki form (developed in PLT Scheme) that acts as a WikiBot.
- It collects the semantic attributes from the 'knowledge card' of the consultant.
- The consultant can fill in the form (only the changed sections are shown) and fill in 'no knowledge', 'beginner', 'good', 'guru'.
- After filling in the form, the attributes are saved to the wiki again.
 Matching consultants and jobs
- From the wiki, a wiki form can be started to input information on current jobs in the market.
- After filling in the job profile (which consists of a page with information on the job and the knowledge card for the job), the job profile can be saved to the wiki.
- Now, the wiki can be consulted to see if there are any matches.
- An RSS Feed is provided for consultants, so that they are being informed automatically when new jobs are added.