Special Session on Web Services and the Semantic Grid
|Subevent of||European Conference on Modeling and Simulation|
|Start||June 3 2008 (iCal)|
|End||June 6 2008|
|Papers due:||January 31 2008|
|Notification:||March 19 2008|
|Camera ready due:||April 17 2008|
Event in series HPCS
Purpose and Topics
The web has become a colossal repository for information and services, thus representing the ideal platform for form computational grids that support resource sharing and coordinated problem solving across heterogeneous and geographically dispersed systems. In order to realize this grand vision, the computation resources, information, and services available on the web has to be described, i.e., semantically annotated in a machine-understandable format that allows the automated discovery and composition of these components.
This session aims to facilitate the discussion and presentation of research findings concerning the utilisation of semantic technologies to power web and grid services. We encourage original contributions from the core semantic/grid technologies research and corresponding applications:
Semantic Web/Grid Technologies (not restricted to the below)
· Standards and formalism of web/grid services
· Ontology-based annotation of web/grid services and information
· Semantic services brokering: discovery, matchmaking, and composition
· Semantic web reasoning agents and theory
· Grid resource management: scalability, load-balancing, and reliability
· Security management for web/grid services
· QoS Measurement and control for web/grid services
· Interoperation challenges for web/grid applications
· Knowledge management technologies for Grid services
· Semantic grid and pervasive computing
Semantic Web/Grid Applications (not restricted to the below)
· Scientific and large scale computing
· Information indexing and retrieval
· Distributed data mining
· Collaborative decision making frameworks (Blackboard systems)
· Content and caption based image annotation and retrieval
· Self-enriching WWW encyclopedias
· Financial and brokering services
· Travel and tourism applications
You are invited to submit original and unpublished research works on above and other topics related to web services and semantic grid. Please submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript, not to exceed 7 double-column IEEE formatted pages, and include up to 6 keywords and an abstract of no more than 350 words. Each paper will receive a minimum of three reviews. At least one of the authors of each accepted paper will have to register and attend the HPCS’08 conference for presenting the paper at the session. Accepted papers will be published by ECMS in the conference proceedings. Papers should be submitted as attachments to: email@example.com. If accepted, final papers will follow the format that ECMS follows which will be posted on the web site.
If you have any questions about paper submission or the session, please contact the organizer.
* Full Paper Submission Deadline: ---------January 31, 2008
* Notification of Acceptance: ----------------March 19, 2008
* Camera-Ready papers Due: -----------------April 17, 2008
Dr. Taha Osman
School of Computing & Informatics
Nottingham Trent University
Clifton Campus, CIB
Nottingham NG11 8NS
Tel: +44 (0)115 848 8370
Fax: +44(0)115 848 8429
Technical Program Committee:
All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by the session technical program committee members.
* Prof. David Al-Dabass, Nottingham Trent University, UK * Prof. Christophe Claramount, French Naval Academy, France * Dr. Jeff Pan, University of Aberdeen, UK * Dr. Evtim Peytchev, Nottingham Trent University, UK * Prof. Omer Rana, Cardiff University, UK * Dr. S. Reiff-Marganiec, Leicester University, UK * Dr. Gerald Schaefer, Aston University, UK * Mr. Vlad Tanasescu, Knowledge Media Institute (KMi), Open University, UK
If you have any questions about conference paper submission, please contact conference Program Chair: Waleed W. Smari, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Dayton, 300 College Park, Dayton, OH 45469-0226, USA, Voice: (937) 229-2795, Fax: (937) 229-4529, Email: Waleed.Smari@notes.udayton.edu. For information about the HPCS conference in general, please contact the General Chairs or consult the conference web site at http://cisedu.us/cis/hpcs/08/.
The Multi Conference web site is at http://www.scs-europe.net/conf/ecms2008/.