1st AKT Workshop on Semantic Web Services
|Start||December 8 2004 (iCal)|
|End||December 8 2004|
|Papers due:||November 19 2004|
|Camera ready due:||December 3 2004|
This is a one-day workshop for discussing Semantic Web Services (SWS) in the context of Advanced Knowledge Technologies (AKT). We intend to support the interaction of research in different communities.
Semantic Web Services combine Web Service technologies with Semantic Web technologies. The augmentation of Web services with formal descriptions of their capabilities will facilitate their automatic location, mediation, composition and execution.
The objective of this workshop is to discuss the common research issues regarding the modelling of knowledge for describing services in the Semantic Web. As the workshop is informal it welcomes shorter versions of papers that have been published elsewhere.
The highlight of the workshop will be a panel of invited speakers for the theme: "Which Semantic Web Service standards?". There will be four panellists who will present their position on OWL-S, WSMO, IRS-III and SWSI. The panel will be conducted in such a way as to encourage discussion with the audience.
The list of topics below are not intended to be exhaustive.
* SWS Description * SWS Discovery and Matchmaking * SWS Composition * SWS Mediation * SWS Planning
 Committee Members
- Liliana Cabral (The Open University, UK)
 Steering Committee
 Program Committee
- Steve Battle (HP Labs, UK)
- Fabio Ciravegna (University of Sheffield)
- Oscar Cocho (ISOCO, Spain)
- John Davies (BT, UK)
- Asuncion Gomez-Perez (UPM, Spain)
- Farshad Hakimpour (KMi, The Open University)
- Martin Kollingbaum (University of Aberdeen)
- Ruben Lara (DERI, Innsbruck, Austria)
- Mathew Moran (DERI, Galway, Ireland)
- Barry Norton (University of Sheffield)
- Terry Payne (University of Southampton)
- Dave Robertson (University of Edinburgh)
- Nigel Shadbolt (University of Southampton)
- Derek Sleeman (University of Aberdeen)
- Monica Solanki (De Monfort University, UK)
- Michael Stollberg (DERI, Innsbruck, Austria)