- This is a non-standard organizational proposal that is not consistently implemented on ontoworld.org. -- Skierpage 04:22, 22 December 2007 (CET)
- Yes, this rather unusual category should probably be deprecated and removed where still in use. I do not see what the advantage of having this category is (especially since one can use things like Special:Categories and Special:Allpages to browse categories if desired. --Markus Krötzsch 14:40, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
This is the Main Category from which all categories derive. The name has been chosen so as be at the top in an alphabetic list.
A subcategory of this category is assumed to be a subclass of its parent category unless specified otherwise.
The relation of a category to its subcategories can be specified by adding a property. E.g. the general linear group has the subgroup orthogonal group, so Category:General linear group has the Property:Has subgroup to Category:Orthogonal group.
- Bad idea. Just use MediaWiki's [[Category:Parent cat]] to make a category a subcategory of another! -- skierpage 01:25, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
Articles can have the relation to their parent class specified by a property such as Property:Has instance in the category.
- Another bad idea. Just use MediaWiki's [[Category:Some cat]] to categorize an article. -- skierpage 01:25, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
The relation Property:Category about, could specify that a category is about a topic in the main namespace.
- Categories - list of categories, with for each the parents
- Special:Categories - list of categories, with for each the number of members
- list of category pages
See also propertiess; properties of type page, which link to other pages, may be considered extensions of the category concept.
Before adding anything to this category, please see the discussion.
This category has the following 31 subcategories, out of 31 total.
Pages in category "!Main"
This category contains only the following page.