|Last release:||3.15.4 (2012/09/18)|
CubicWeb is a semantic web application framework, licensed under the LGPL, that empowers developers to efficiently build web applications by reusing components (called cubes) and following the well known object-oriented design principles.
Its main features are:
- an engine driven by the explicit data model of the application,
- a query language named RQL similar to W3C’s SPARQL,
- a selection+view mechanism for semi-automatic XHTML/XML/JSON/RDF/OWL/text generation,
- a library of reusable components (data model and views) that fulfill common needs,
- the power and flexibility of the Python programming language,
- the reliability of SQL databases, LDAP directories, Subversion and Mercurial for storage backends.
Continuously developed and used since year 2000, now supporting 100,000s of daily visits at some production sites, CubicWeb is a proven end to end solution for semantic web application development that promotes quality, reusability and efficiency.