- BSD, Java 5.0, store Sesame (generic API);
- Additional functionality on top of the triple store: predictive caching (preloading properties and saving query results for future queries), query expansion (for handling owl:sameAs), dealing with metadata (reification) ;
- JavaBeans concepts for a number of well known web ontologies including Dublin Core, RSS and FOAF;
- Dynamic Runtime JavaBean creation based on RDFS/OWL;
- A set of tools related to the supported ontologies, including an RDF crawler, a generic smusher framework and a generic validator framework, with various smushers and a validator specific to FOAF;
- Code generation using Groovy script template;
- Elmo uses annotated Java interfaces, which are implemented by dynamic classes at runtime using Javassist.
Elmo is broken into a module design in subversion.
- elmo-api contain public interfaces;
- elmo-core contains internal interfaces and dynamic byte-code generation; and
- elmo-sesame contains Sesame specific implementation classes.