|RDF for Microformat:||http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns|
Historically, there has been a proposal for Representing VCard in RDF by Renato Iannella which is NOW DEPRECATED. The canonical representation of VCard in RDF is hosted at W3C and maintained by Harry Halpin and Norm Walsh.
This is a fairly straightforward mapping, everything in hCard mapped, but not everything in vCard.
The relationship of vCard Ontology to FOAF needs to become more clear.
- Ideally, the mapping from vCard to RDF should be isomorphic, with hCard a subset of vCard and so a subset of the RDF.
- GEO vocabulary should be re-used in vCard - http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos# .
- Problem with things like additional-name, since people have multiple additional-names, telephone numbers, and so on. Often, with additional-names as in Spanish, the ordering is important. So, one could use rdf:List. But right now, using a SPARQL query over rdf:List is very difficult at best.
- Remove cardinality constraints - unless in vCard spec
- Some properties in vcard can take very different values. Eg, AGENT can be a text string, an embedded vCard, or a URL. Just leave domain off.
- Should addresses and phone numbers be URIs or strings? How to deal with multiple telephone numbers? We could add just add a property relationship vcard:Type to tel: and mailto: URIs, and make the domain of mail and tel relationships URIs. This would require re-jigging the homeTel and workTel properties for consistency.
- Some people dislike having sub-properties for distinctions between types of mobile phones, such as v:mobileTel be a subproperty of v:tel, as SPARQL use would require inference or more complex queries. But why reify if you don't have to?