KWTR: Semantic Web rule markup
please write your name and affiliation
Please add your CV in the list of contributors
- What is the state of the art of Semantic Web in your research field?
- Provide references and short abstracts of three papers you consider as significant in your research field.
- Please provide one or more examples (either business, or research, or both) in which semantic web has been used (if you can, add some references).
- Are there existing tools or demos? Please indicate some of them.
- What are the open problems in your Semantic Web research field? Why?
- Provide references and links of the most relevant Semantic Web research projects in your field.
- What challenges try these projects to overcome?
- What are their foreseen benefits (both in market and scientific community)?
- When, in your opinion, will projects’ results be ready for industry?
- Do you think that it is important to invest (money and time) in these topics? Why?
- What are, in your opinion, the most relevant Semantic Web challenges that will be solved in the long term (10 years)? Why?
Using Rules and R2ML for Modeling Negotiation Mechanisms in E-Commerce Agent Systems. Badica C., Giurca A., Wagner G., In Proc. of 2nd International Conference on Trends in Enterprise Application Architecture, TEAA2006, November 29 - December 1, 2006, Berlin, Germany.
On Self-Validating Rule Bases. Paschke A., Dietrich J., Giurca A., Wagner G, Lukichev S., In Proc. of 2nd International Workshop on Semantic Web Enabled Software Engineering, SWESE 2006, (Collocated with ISWC 2006), Nov. 5-9, Athens, GA, USA.
On Interchanging Between OWL/SWRL and UML/OCL. Milanovic M., Gasevic D., Giurca A., Wagner G. and Devedzic V., In Proc. of 6th OCL Workshop at the UML/MoDELS Conference,OCLApps2006, October 2, 2006, Genoa, Italy.
Visual Rules Modeling. Lukichev S., Wagner G., In proceedings of Sixth International Andrei Ershov Memorial Conference PERSPECTIVES OF SYSTEM INFORMATICS, Novosibirsk, Russia, June 2006, Springer LNCS, 2005.
Modeling Web Services with URML. Wagner, G., Giurca, A., Lukichev, S. (2006), In proceedings of Semantics for Business Process Management Workshop, Budva, Montenegro, June 2006
A Usable Interchange Format for Rich Syntax Rules. Integrating OCL, RuleML and SWRL. Wagner, G., Giurca, A., Lukichev, S. (2006). In Proceedings of Reasoning on the Web, Workshop at WWW2006, May 2006
R2ML: A General Approach for Marking up Rules G. Wagner, A.Giurca, S. Lukichev (2005), Dagstuhl Seminar Proceedings 05371, in F. Bry, F. Fages, M. Marchiori, H. Ohlbach (Eds.) Principles and Practices of Semantic Web Reasoning
Stable Model Theory for Extended RDF Ontologies. A. Analyti, G. Antoniou, C. V. Damasio and G. Wagner. In Proc. of ISWC'05, Galway, November 2005, Springer LNCS, 2005.
Towards an Abstract Syntax and Direct-Model Theoretic Semantics for RuleML. A. Giurca and G. Wagner. In Proc. of RuleML-2005, Galway, November 2005, Springer LNCS, 2005.
The abstract syntax of RuleML - Towards a General Web Rule Language Framework Gerd Wagner, Grigoris Antoniou, Said Tabet, and Harold Boley
Web Rules Need Two Kinds of Negation. Gerd Wagner. In F. Bry, N. Henze and J. Maluszynski (Eds.), Principles and Practice of Semantic Web Reasoning, Proc. of the 1st International Workshop, PPSWR'03. Springer-Verlag LNCS 2901, 2003
Seven Golden Rules for a Web Rule Language, by G. Wagner, invited contribution to the Trends & Controversies section of IEEE Intelligent Systems 18:5, Sept/Oct 2003.
Executive Declarative Business Rules and Their Use in Electronic Commerce G. Antoniou and M.Arief, SAC 2002, Madrid, Spain.
How to Design a General Rule Markup Language, by G. Wagner, in Proceedings of the Workshop XML Technologies for the Semantic Web (XSW 2002), HU Berlin, Institut für Informatik, June.2002, Lecture Notes in Informatics, Gesellschaft f. Informatik.
Design Rationale of RuleML: A Markup Language for Semantic Web Rules, by H. Boley, S. Tabet and G.Wagner, in Proc. of Int. Semantic Web Working Symposium (SWWS), July 30 - August 1, 2001, Stanford University, California, USA.
EU Rent is a vehicle rental company owned by EU Travel Corporation. EU Rent is one of three businesses -- the other two being hotels and an airline -- that each have their own business and information systems but share a common customer base. Many of the vehicle rental customers also fly with EU Fly and stay at EU Stay hotels. For futher information see http://scidb.evergreen.edu/sos_fall/folder.2005-09-26.0023637192/folder.2005-10-13.9187439924/