Standard wiki features
- Needs to be merged with wiki features
This are requirements for all wiki engines. In order to deal also with semantic technologies, a list of standard semantic wiki features needs to be created.
 What is a Wiki:
Todo: Align with http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiDesignPrinciples . Don't be too technical.
- Version management: offers only a very limited support for collaboration.
- A content syntax which is easy to learn, write and read (hence _not_ HTML)
- Easy syntax for creating of links between articles (by title of page)
- Creation of new articles by just linking to them (Agile Content creation, describe on demand)
- No installation of specific tools needed (just a standard webbrowser) --> For your Boss: Low Total Cost of Ownership
Bottom line: Support collaborative editing by a "save" environment
 What is not a Wiki
 Future / Advanced Wiki Features
- automatic link detection as you type to avoid unnecessary redundancies
- allowing/disallowing links to a resource (has been requested by many users in our company)
- advanced change notification that goes beyond what exists today, examples:
- automatically notify the user if a page related to the page he currently edits is changed
- see live what other users are currently changing
- merging of different user revisions (as e.g. the compare editor in Eclipse)
See also Category:Wiki.